Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

14 September 2010

Day by Day Armageddon (2004)

Today I review J L Bourne's debut book: Day by Day Armageddon.

I bought this book straight off the back of recommendations that I'd seen on various forums dedicated to all things Zombie...


Trouble is brewing as we join our American hero. Reports of disease in China soon escalates to trouble at home. You guessed it... we've got a full on Zombie Apocalypse on our hands. This book offers us a glimpse of a world plunging into crisis written as the day by day journal of one of the survivors.

I'll get straight to the point - I really enjoyed the ride. I got exactly what I wanted; Bourne quickly gets into the nitty gritty of the disaster that is unfolding and he tells a good tale of ingenuity, despair, hope and more despair.

The book isn't perfect: There are typos and little inconsistencies dotted here and there. I don't think that they detract from the story at all. This is a great tale of people trying to survive against the odds and I found it to be a compelling read.

If you want to dip your toes into the bloody pool that is Zombie Fiction - then you could do worse than to start with this book. Buy it - you know you want to...

No comments:

Post a Comment