Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

20 October 2010

Lanzarote (2000)

Lanzarote by Michel Houellebecq was an impulse buy from Oxfam. Yup, doing a little bit of work for charidy. The quote on the front talks about 'high comedy' so I was expecting a bit of a laugh. I think I must have missed something along the way.

I know that I can be a bit of a Heathen at times (no, I can!), but this is one of those books that I'm obviously too stupid to understand. Or perhaps it's just crap!

It starts off with our 'hero' wanting to get away on holiday. How exciting! He ends up in Lanzarote and the book reads a bit like a rubbish travel log at this point, even going as far as including some random photos of the scenery.

Having then hooked up with a Lesbian couple, somehow the book turns into an unlikely sex romp. Saucy! A policeman who they've befriended then leaves to join a religious sect and the story ends with the revelation that this is fact a peodophile ring. Ugh?

Yeah, sorry to ruin it for you.

Thank God it's only 87 pages long.

I give Lanzarote by Michel Houellebecq a random ONE point!

Uuuuggggghhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment