Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

18 November 2010

Identity (2003)

This DVD has been taking up space on my shelf for a long, long time. Finally got round to watching it this week and it wasn't at all what I was expecting. I had it in my head that this was going to be a horror extravaganza. "It will haunt you for days," says the cover. Not at all! This film is more art-house than horror, and it exudes a certain comic-book charm.

The story starts in a rain-storm as our seemingly unrelated characters come together. Little by little the tale unravels and we get drawn into a stifling, claustrophobic disaster.

I'm not going to ruin the film for you, but this is one of those flicks where you know that there's more going on than meets the eye... the question is: what?

Those who know me, will know that I'm not the brightest spark when it comes to figuring out things like this. Oh the stories I could tell! Well, I guessed the twist! What does that tell you? It tells me that it's pretty bloody obvious... or perhaps I've been unusually lucky.

It's a hard one to call this one: I didn't love the film; I didn't hate it.

I can't fault the acting and the story is okay. I'd say that it's definitely worth a watch, but only one.

I give Identity a head-in-the-drier six. Borrow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment