Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

17 January 2011

The Horde (2009)

What would you do if you were a French policeman and your best buddy had been recently killed by local gangsters?

Personally, I'd get some of my pals together, hunt down the bastards and kill them all! Well, that would be the plan anyway. And that's exactly how The Horde starts! Only, who'd expect the gangsters to foil the sting! And what odds would you give me on the Zombie Apocalypse happening at exactly the same time?

Well what do you know! You get all of those things in this film... and more...

I don't know about the zombies, but I found the characters in this film scary in their own right. I wouldn't trust any of them with scissors. Before you know it though, the Police and the Gangsters are reluctantly working together to try and escape. Will they be able to put aside their hatred long enough to do the needful?

I won't ruin it for you.

Along with a great cast (of which I couldn't name one), there are some iconic scenes in The Horde. The 'last stand' on the car roof is my standout favourite. And I just loved the hand-to-hand fight scenes. Bloody Hell... these zombies just won't die!

Something that I found a bit odd was that it took the guys a long time to realise that a head-shot was the only way to kill the zombies. In fact, I'm not sure that they did ever really twig. 9 times out of 10 they seemed to start with maybe 40 or 50 body shots before going in for the kill. Ha ha. Listen to me... I can't carry a full cup of tea without spilling it!

For those who care, the zombies are fast. And whilst the initial impact of their arrival is like a sledgehammer, I found that I got acclimatised pretty quick. If I had a complaint, it would probably be that the film struggles to maintain the pace it sets at the start. It's a fun ride though.

The ending isn't too bad as far as zombie films go.

All in all, I enjoyed the DVD. Grab yourself a pear brandy, clean up your axe and whatever you do... don't get bit! I give The Horde a handle-bar moustache 7. Go buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment