Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

15 February 2011

Carriers (2008)

The Daily Star had one word to say about Carriers, and it was: "Terrifying!" Terrifying, my arse!

What on Earth is it with the quotes on the front of DVDs? I'm fast coming to the conclusion that if a film needs to stick a quote on the cover, then it probably isn't going to be that much of a film. Carriers is a good example of this. I don't believe that the Daily Star have even watched this film. And since when has a Daily Star recommendation been a good measure of film excellence anyway? Right now, I don't know who I'm more annoyed at... Carriers... or the Daily Star! Damn the both of them!

That feels better.

Carriers is about the end of the world. Yeah... not that old chestnut again. This time it is some form of disease.... as if you couldn't have guessed from the title. I bought this DVD off the back of a recommendation. What were you thinking Bro? Is there some other Carriers out there that you and the bloody Daily Star have watched? Did I somehow ended up with a different version? Aggghhh!

Okay. Deep breath. Let's pick it apart and put it back together again.

So it's the end of the world. Everyone's got infected and died. Well not exactly everyone. We join up with 2 brothers, 1 girlfriend and 1 "not-his-girlfriend". They want to get to the safe haven of the seaside where the brothers grew up. I'm not sure that I quite follow the reasoning behind that decision, but it turns out to be quite a difficult thing to do, because they keep running out of petrol... and coming across other people.

Chris Pine stars (just pretend that I know who he is)... and what an unlikable character he plays! There's a line somewhere in the middle of the film where someone says: "I've only just met you and I already dislike you". Should have stuck that quote on the DVD box!

I kept waiting for the story to get going, but it never happened. You're going to tell me that this film's all about the descent of Man... of Mankind's tragic demise as everything we know and love crumbles about us. Arse-bisuits!

That's your lot. On the Triple-B I'm going to give Carriers a Daily Star 2. It comes to something when the dream sequences in the film are scarier than the 'live' action. Oh... my... God!

No comments:

Post a Comment