Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

26 June 2011

Pen Cap Chew - I Dreamt of a Black Heart Procession (2011)

"I Dreamt of a Black Heart Procession" was Pen Cap Chew's first single off the as yet unreleased Dream Theatre album. Here is a sort of scrapbook to commemorate the release:

A Side: I Dreamt of a Black Heart Procession



"This is the A-Side of the first single off the forthcoming new album by Pen Cap Chew. It's a dark swaying waltz unlike anything we've done before and may ever do again..."


B Side: I Wish I Didn't Love You So



"Here is a cover of Frank Loesser's 'I Wish I Didn't Love You So' of 1947. Don't expect a note perfect copy - It's my own special interpretation. And this song may go down in history as the first ever recording of me playing ukulele! The strumming style is a little unorthodox, but I think that it works. Anyway, let me know what you think. Oh yeah, and this is the B-Side of the 'I Dreamt of a Black Heart Procession' single... only available on pink vinyl..."


Update 17-Jul: Pen Cap Chew have been busy...

B Side: I Dreamt Of A Black Heart Procession (Love Lost Version)



"Whilst we wait for Pen Cap Chew's third single of the forthcoming Dream Theatre album, here is an alternative version of the song that featured on the first single. I Dreamt of a Black Heart Procession was originally a Gothic waltz. This version of the song is altogether more traditional. It's on the Japanese Import EP, which unfortunately is only available on CD. Rumour has it that the third single will return to the Black Heart theme. Time will tell. Until then you can always listen to this song... by the light of a candle..."

© Pen Cap Chew

No comments:

Post a Comment