Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

3 September 2011

A Taste of The Forest of Dean

You might have noticed that I've been a bit quiet of late. Yep... I've been away for a bit of rest and recreation. This time it has been a hop down to the Forest of Dean and environs. The good news is that I've got a few posts up my sleeve which I'll publish soon. Until then, here are a few of my more abstract and random holiday snaps...

This picture was snapped at 
the Dean Heritage Centre 
where I learnt that civil unrest 
is nothing new


Dean Forest Railway
Danger - Beware of Trains
Do Not Trespass On The Railway

A butterfly from the Butterfly Zoo, Symonds Yat West.

Forest scene from the sculpture trail at Beechenhurst, 
Forest of Dean.
Note: lack of sculptures.

Gloucester Cathedral. Apparently some 
scenes of Hogwarts in the 
Harry Potter films were shot here

Stained glass window in the ruins of 
Goodrich Castle, Forest of Dean.


A picture of a picture of the Green Man.
The Green Man motif has many variations. Found in many cultures around the world, the Green Man is often related to natural vegetative deities springing up in different cultures throughout the ages. Primarily it is interpreted as a symbol of rebirth, or "renaissance," representing the cycle of growth each spring.

The Amazing Hedge Puzzle.
Hint: The quickest route to the centre is via the Exit.

This way up?

No comments:

Post a Comment