Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

30 September 2011

Yusaku Hanakuma - Zombie Highway (2009)

I'm so excited I can hardly type.

I've been dying to share this with you for ages.



A couple of months ago I went hunting for a Yusaku Hanakuma t-shirt on the internet. I couldn't find one anywhere. Well that's not strictly true... they sell them in Japan. But I still haven't managed to find anyone selling them in Europe. Post a comment if you know better!

In my extensive searches I just happened across the "Arts Factory" website. Arts Factory is a French shop selling a limited edition print run of a picture by Yusaku Hanakuma called Zombie Highway.

I bought one!

I wanted to get it framed before I shared a picture.

Here it is...

Yusaku Hanakuma - Zombie Highway

The picture is 60 by 40cm and 500 copies were printed. I've got #180.

Unfortunately, I don't have anywhere to hang it.

So what's the verdict been in the King Uke household?

My boy says he hates it... but he can be like that. For a bit of fun I pointed at Afro and asked him if he knew who he was.
Boy Uke: "Is it that man who invented the Moon Walk?"
King Uke: "Michael Jackson?"
Boy Uke: "Yes, Michael Jackson"
King Uke: "No."
Of course, you and I both know that Michael Jackson didn't invent the Moon Walk.

I asked the Mrs what she thought...
Moma Uke: "People will think we've framed one of the kids' pictures."
So it appears I stand alone.

I think it's great!




If you like Yusaku Hanakuma you might want to check out my reviews of Tokyo Zombie the film and Tokyo Zombie the comic... or even my famous Yusaku Hanakuma ukulele designs.

2 comments:

  1. RE:
    "Moma Uke: "People will think we've framed one of the kids' pictures."

    Looks like I have someone who would agree with my review of the book on Amazon.-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I'm afraid so Daz. Heta-uma appears to be an acquired taste. I don't care. It pleases me and that's all that matters :-P

    ReplyDelete