Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

12 November 2011

The Last Man on Earth (1964) - In Colour

When I watched The Last Man on Earth a couple of weeks back I felt the whole experience had been ruined by a terrible transfer to DVD. I just had to get myself a better DVD.... and fast!

Starring Vincent Price
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Well, the DVD I bought was better on two counts: First of all, it's proper widescreen; and second, it's been coloured. The end result is a far better experience all round.

Here are a few stills to give you a feel for how it all turned out.

1956 Chevrolet Two-Ten Townsman
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Robert films Virginia Morgan
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Dead on the Streets
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

The film location was Rome, Italy
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

1959 Fiat 1800
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Radio Transmission
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Ruth Collins
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

Vincent looks suspicious
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

The wonderful Ben Cortman!
The Last Man on Earth, 1964 MGM

2 comments:

  1. Was this really filmed in Rome? I could have sworn there was a recognizable outside Los Angeles location in one scene, but I can't remember what exactly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so Mike. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058700/locations?ref_=tt_dt_dt

      Delete