Regular readers of this blog will know that I'm building an electric ukulele... It's taken a long, long time. All along the way I've posted progress updates and shared with you the highs and the lows. Well, I'm coming to the end of my wonderful journey. This won't be my last post on the subject, but it will probably be the last on the actual build itself. My last series of updates revolved around some frustrations I was having with the paint job and of course I'd forgotten to fit the fret markers! I bet you're wondering how it all turned out. Read on...
|Here's the polished end product.|
|I didn't make too clean a job of this, but here you see that I soldered|
the jack pin. It's a three pin live jack so I checked it with multimeter and
a lead to confirm which pin I needed to wire up (it was the smallest).
|I flipped the body over and put in the ferrules. I had|
to work the holes with a drill bit to clear some of the
paint. The alignment problems I've talked about
previously are a bit more noticeable in this picture.
Still... not too shabby!
|Meanwhile, in Argentina...|
So I know that you want to hear this instrument being played! I need to think of some appropriate songs to help to showcase it. I promise that I'll stick a video together where you can see me playing it and hear what it sounds like. Start holding your breath now...