Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

16 September 2012

Padulele Custom Travel Ukulele

King Uke's Custom Ukulele Design Company have been busy at it again. I've still got the travel ukulele bug. Today's idea explores a unique placement of the tuners. Would it work? There's only one way to find out...

I call this design, the Padulele...



The tuning heads would be at the bottom posing all sorts of questions
around how easy it's going to be to knock them whilst playing, and
of course, how are you ever going to be able to put the instrument
down? Personally, I don't think you'll knock them whilst playing,
and you'd have to lay it on it's back. Imagine an under-bridge piezo
and jack sticking out down from the bridge. The head-pin is for
attaching the strap. I'm imagining the strings to be tied at the head
by feeding through holes and around the end (much like you would
typically do for nylons on a bridge). The bridge end has screws
(or something prettier) to keep their alignment, leading into the
bridge.

The back mock-up shows the other strap pin.


2 comments:

  1. As minimalistic as it gets. Great creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment ddd. I haven't made this Uke yet, but have you seen my Sharkfin? http://theukuleleblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/pimp-my-skylark-finito.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete