Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

25 September 2012

Picture-framing

Have I ever told you what a wonderful woman my wife is?

About a year ago I revealed that I'd bought a Yusaku Hanakuma print called Zombie Highway. I'd had this beautiful print shipped over from France only to discover that I didn't have anywhere large enough to hang it up. As a temporary measure, I'd stuck it in the bedroom above the bed. Noone was more surprised than me that I managed to pull this off.

Fast forward a year... The bedroom is being 'refurbished' and my prized Zombie Highway picture has been evicted! "Oh no!" I hear you cry. But get this... My wife's let me hang it in the living room instead! How cool is that!

"Zombie Highway" by Yusaku Hanakuma
A talking point in the King Uke household

It gets better. I mentioned fairly recently that I was considering framing my Kingcaster Electric Ukulele pattern. Guess what? Yep... I've done it! And Mrs Uke has only gone and let me hang it in the living room too! W00T! It hasn't turned out quite as good as I had hoped - being a bit pale - but I'm still loving it!

"Kingcaster Electric Ukulele Pattern" by King Uke

I think it was Donny Osmond who once remarked that "this is not a puppy love." I know you'll never read this, but... GO MRS UKE!

And one last thing... "Did you ever know that you're my hero?"

Ha ha! Hiyah!

4 comments:

  1. You know what KU?
    I think your
    "Kingcaster Electric Ukulele Pattern"
    would make for a better graphic novel than "Tokyo Zombie".-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You think! It wouldn't be as long but then I could charge a lot less for it. You're so stuck in your ways Daz ;-) I think you need to loosen up a little and check out the film. Then we talk...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit that the trailer for Tokyo Zombie does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not the best film in the world, but I reckon you might appreciate the comic more as a result...

    ReplyDelete