Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

2 March 2013

A Taste of the Yorkshire Wolds

I've been up to all sorts today... much against my better judgement. I was tricked into doing a 15 mile walk by Mrs Uke and 6 hours later... here I am! It was a circular route starting and ending in the beautiful little village of South Cave in East Yorkshire and was in aid of the South Cave Scout Group. I must say that the organizers did a fantastic job. As I write this it is 4:00 and the kids are both asleep... and I'm no longer feeling sick. You could do a 27 mile circuit or the smaller 15 miles. There were some very fit people on show. The fastest time for the larger circuit was just over 3 hours. Puts me to shame. I could barely walk the last bit! The kids did me proud! As is becoming customary, I have some snaps for you. Enjoy!

Seagulls following the plough

Milk bottles. You don't see this as much as you used to.

Yorkshire Wolds Way

Hotham Church

The Ukes - Shadey Characters

North Cave Church

"Get off my land!"

Beverley, Newbald, Gardham, Etton Signs

Swin Dale

Neat Ploughed Lines

Chimneys

High Hunsley Beacon
"Erected by Rowley Parish Council
Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee 2002"

Forest

Green Door, what's that secret you're keeping?

Power Cables
I know that it isn't #powerlinefriday, but I don't care

Barbed Wire


Ice

This poor little fellah looks like I feel...

No comments:

Post a Comment