Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

27 July 2013

A Taste of Philately and Lepidoptery

I realised this morning that there are a couple of themes running through my photos this summer. I'm going to mix up two of them here for you...

Purple Emperor Butterfly (Apatura iris)

Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly (Aglais urticae)

Small Tortoiseshell Butterfly (Aglais urticae)

New Zealand Aotearoa $2.40 Stamp

Cabbage White Butterfly (Pieris brassicae)

Yes! The bugger is on the inside of the netting! Aaaggghhh!!!

Small Skipper Butterfly (Thymelicus sylvestris)

Poplar Hawk Moth (Laothoe populi)

Swallow-tailed Moth (Ourapteryx sambucaria) on Lanikai

After I put this post up +Graham Hendrick took this photo! Isn't it funny how things turn out! Brilliant! I just had to add it here for you. Thanks for letting me share this Graham.

Knapweed Root-borer Moth (Agapeta zoegana)

Update 01-Aug-2013: I actually took this picture on the day I made this post, but since it had turned out a bit blurry, I chose not to include it. Seeing as I'm back, I'll post it anyway!

Peacock Butterfly (Inachis io)

Update 1-Aug-2013: It's a bit raggedy, but this is the beautiful sight that met me this morning as I let the dog out.

And because I can, here are a few more photos I've taken recently that have nothing to do with the themes...

Devil Doll! Keep it away from me!

Hang 'em High

Leaf Shadows

Mushroom

Sunset

Thistles


2 comments:

  1. What are those bars used for on the tree,King ?
    Nice photos,by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not bars Daz. They're 'ropes', I don't know how they've done it, but someone's tied them up to swing on. My kids were like moths to a flame with these. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete