Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

31 January 2014

The Bad Moon comic is published!

My project to write and produce a graphic novel is over! That's one of my life ambitions achieved! I can't believe it! After an intense month of creative angst and hard work, I've managed to tell the tale that could not be told! Ha ha! Brilliant! Let me reveal a little more...


Here's a hamfisted attempt at a poster for the book. "Life is hard, but Death is harder..." Ha ha. You've just got to love that tagline! 


I agonised about the best way to publish and in the end I chose to limit distribution to ebooks. As much as I would have loved to have seen a pallet of printed comics as pictured here, this is not for this project.


If you've been following this blog or my antics on Google+ or Facebook, you will have picked up that I've been on a cowboy kick for quite some time. I've been weaving my own take on the genre through various bits of music and artwork. This graphic novel attempts to tie all of the different threads together. Front and centre is the story; Bad Moon tries to bring sense to everything that has been going on in my life over this past year. I've found the exercise of producing the comic hugely enjoyable. It's taught me loads about the process, but more importantly, it's also helped me to collect my thoughts.

I recommend everybody makes a comic. Give it a go!


Bad Moon is available from Lulu.com and if it gets through quality control, it may even make its way into Barnes & Noble and iBooks.


I do want to call out some help I had a long the way from a number of people. Don't worry, I'm not going to embarrass anyone by naming names in this post - You know who you are! I'm also going to try not to cry ;-)

I've received technical advice, coaching, encouragement and friendship over recent years through the many wonderful people I've met on Google+ and this blog.

Thank you!

Without you cowboys and cowgirls, I can pretty much guarantee that this project would have never got off the ground. Never underestimate the power of a little bit of encouragement. Great things begin here!


I can't stop myself sometimes. Perhaps I should also do some merchandise for the comic launch! Ha ha. What cowgirl could resist a King Uke printed top? Don't answer!

Last night, Mrs Uke asked me what I'm going to do next. Am I going to write another comic? The answer was a resounding "NO". I need a break from this project. I want to do something completely different. There's always something that needs to be done... My challenge is to figure out what that something is ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Re: "Life is hard, but Death is harder...".

    I think it should be the other way round...which is why I have a Grateful Dead sticker on the windshield of my car.
    Congrats on the graphic novel,too.I'll get a copy/download...whatever you call it these days...as soon as I pay my credit card payment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've just won a complementary copy Daz! Message me with your email address...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done King Uke. You're without a doubt the King of ukulele. I realy like the phrase " Life is hard, but death is harder. ". And the girl with the King Uke printed top looks great. Hail to the king !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, thank you Eric! What on earth am I going to do now? BTW, it looks like the comic is now in the iBookstore!

    ReplyDelete