Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

1 March 2014

Knife (Sub-Version)

I've been desperate to record some music and this seemed like the easiest way of getting something down. I'm pleased to release a busking version of the number 1 cowboy tune of all time... Knife... a tune that I penned with fellow Outlaw, El Pancho!


Knife originally had the working title of "Knife-Thrower Blues". I just couldn't resist this picture. 


This was done in a single take. It was the first and only time that I hit record. You've got one guitar and a dodgy kazoo. The arrangement is pretty similar to the original only I've adapted it so that I can play it easier in busking mode.

I've attempted the chorus in Italian. Oh dear. I am so sorry El Pancho if it makes no sense at all! Ha ha.

And in case you're wondering, I recorded this with my phone in a tea mug... hence the odd acoustics and the difficulty I'm having ending the recording.


"My Mexican Bride"

"Knife" tells the tale of a man on the brink of catastrophe. Having nothing, he mistakenly thinks that he has nothing to lose. As the moment of his impending doom approaches he suddenly crumples with the realisation that he will no longer see his true love again.

I wonder if she is as pretty as my Mexican bride?


I don't know if I should share this or not. This week I did this little dedication for El Pancho as a sort of thank you for our collaboration. It's an adaptation of one of the panels in my Bad Moon graphic novel, customised especially for him! I'm the one on the right ;-)


Talking of comics... Look what arrived this week! It's Mike Garley's finished "Dead Roots" zombie comic anthology. I helped to fund it on Kickstarter. I haven't had a look inside just yet, but I have very high hopes. Fingers crossed that I won't be disappointed. I will report back when I finally get around to reading this.

That's your lot. Until next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment