Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

21 December 2014

Merry Crimbo!

This year has been a bit of a blur for me. I've been indulging in all sort of things; some of which I've been sharing with you on this blog. I usually do an end of year round-up, but I don't think I'll manage one this time round. Instead, I'll give you a quick update and wish you a merry Crimbo. Have a great one!


Tis the season to watch old films. I dug out Holiday Inn last week. It's not a great film, but it does have it's moments. Personally, the racial stereotypes and undertones ruin it for me. But look at the lovely Marjorie Reynolds... what's not to like about her?

Next on the Christmas to-watch list is Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Can't wait!


Comics continue to pique my interest. I have a shelf of recent purchases to get through, but to be honest, I'm going slow, trying to savour each one. The latest read has been Ken Garing's Planetoid. It took me a while to get into it, but I did get into it in the end. Perhaps I should do you a review some time?


I've been having a lot of fun working on my latest musical collaboration with Stephen Jedlicka of Cloudrive. Here I was having a bit of photoshop fun.

We've almost got 3 songs in the bag.  I think I might be going mixing mad at the moment. I'm learning all sorts of things about recording and mixing acoustic music, mainly through making mistakes. Fortunately SJ is a patient man and I'm hopeful that we'll get there eventually. There's talk of us completing an album's worth of music. There's a challenge if ever I heard one! Ha ha. I'm up for it!


Production of my latest comic is crawling along at a snail's pace. I'm down to the final chapter and you might notice a slight change in artistic style has crept in with some minimal shading. There's a reason for this, but you'll need to read the finished book to find out why! I kind of know how this is going to end, but to be honest I'll have to see it drawn up before I'll believe it.

All I'll say is that I've had a lot of fun weaving in all sorts of crazy threads. ...and everything is there for a reason ;-)


I was just kicking myself for not being able to give you any hints on the musical collaboration in the works and then I remembered this little snippet I filmed last weekend in my kitchen. It's a ham-fisted shortened version of the first tune we cut. I won't be singing the final version, but this is what it might have sounded like if I had. Ha ha.


I'm still obsessed with Norway at the moment, so it only remains for me to wish you God Jul. Have a happy christmoose! Ha ha.... I'm so sorry...

3 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! Demo sounds great btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave and well done on your blog. Keep up the good work. I notice you're playing a Jack Daniels uke which demands some Motorhead if ever a uke did!. I did consider getting one a couple of years ago. Sounds great! I also spotted you doing a version of That's Entertainment. I did one a couple of years ago on uke. It's a different key, but I think you'll recognise it. Ha ha! Happy memories. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fOtGTyFgPvw
    Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, yeah maybe! It's all pretty new to me this uke stuff and I jumped in on the Jack Daniels, it does me fine though. I've been rooting through your site for most of the afternoon - you've got some great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete