Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

15 February 2015

"The Lost Man" is published!

I never thought I had another comic in me, especially so soon after the last one. Today I published the fourth installment of the Bad Moon series on Lulu. Let me tell you a little bit about it...


With "The Lost Man" I let my imagination run wild. It's a story that I love, that I have loved for years. This idea must have been knocking about my head for the best part of 30 years. I've tried to write it down in the past, but always I'd fail. Perhaps the time just wasn't right?

Finally, having set the scene with my earlier comics, I've managed to get to the end of the road. It kind of wrote itself. My biggest fear in turning this into a comic, wasn't coming up with the story itself, it was more me wondering whether I had the skills to do it justice.

On reflection, I reckon this might be my best comic yet.


You'll recognise a few faces in The Lost Man, but perhaps only a few. I had a lot of fun with some of the themes that you will have come to expect from the Bad Moon comics, but I have introduced a few new ones too along with a few new characters.

I realised towards the end of drawing this up that I know a hell of a lot more about this story than I have put down on paper. I hint at a backstory here and there, but I don't explain a great deal of it in this comic. Oh dear! Have I made it too difficult to understand?

Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing... I know you are far clever than I am.

;-)

What I will say is that if there is to be one more comic then it will be to explain a little of what happens in this one. It will have to be a prequel of sorts.

If you have the energy having read The Lost Man, why don't you drop me a comment with what you think just happened. I'd be intrigued to know your thoughts.


You know that music is important to me. This whole comic series began with a musical collaboration and midway through creating The Lost Man I started another. I did a sneak peek post some time back of a couple of songs which was well received (all except for the one with my terrible singing - Ha ha). More songs are in production. I'm feeling like I'm surfing a bit of a creative wave at the moment. It feels great! Long may it continue.

The song above has a special place in my heart. I can't believe that I've never done a version of it before now. How can this be? This is my own cowboy one-take version of Ray Manzarek's wonderful "The Golden Scarab". I'd go as far as to say that it was this song that started me knocking out the original sketches that made their way into the Bad Moon comic. Do you recognise the Golden Scarab Ukulele pictured?


I've stayed true to my cherished minimalist art-style, but as you'll have noticed with the picture above, you can expect something a little different with the Lost Man. I wanted to bring a sense of the epic and I think I managed to pull it off! I'll let you be the judge of that though.

As always, I've given this comic to you for free. I do hope that you enjoy reading it. All I ask in return is a cheeky review and perhaps a million pound film deal. Ha ha. Seriously, please drop me a comment or ten. You know that I love to hear from confused people. It's little things like this that could encourage me to embark on part 5. Hold on... did I just say what I think I said? NEVER AGAIN!


No comments:

Post a Comment