Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

17 March 2015

The Don Valley Casebook

Today I'm going to post you a little bit of history. A long, long time ago I used to quite like a bit of country and western banjo music. One of my favourite bands of the time were an outfit from Sheffield called Don Valley and the Rotherhides. I regained an EP I owned by them a couple of months back and was bemoaning the fact that I couldn't find the single. Quite by chance, this weekend it just turned up. I was handed a box and in it was this mysterious looking book... "The Don Valley Casebook". Hmmm. Round about page 27 I only bloody found the missing single! Wahay!

Now, I seem to remember putting all these sheets in this case for safe-keeping, but I can't remember a great deal more than that. I do remember catching the boys live at least twice and maybe both of those times was at the Adelphi Club in Hull, but I can't be 100% sure of that.

I see that there is a Don Valley and the Rotherhides website... so you can check that out for more information. No more words... I present to you the Don Valley Casebook:






























No comments:

Post a Comment