Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

2 May 2015

Ukulele Kids Club UK

In today's post I'm going to showcase a worthy cause that I think everyone will be interested in learning about. It involves children and ukuleles...


Ukulele Kids Club Inc. is a not-for-profit organisation based in the US with a mission to donate ukuleles to children's hospitals to aid music therapy programmes. The organisation was founded in January 2014 by Corey and Edda Bergman.


The above video gives a flavour of what the Ukulele Kids Club organisation is all about and the sorts of things they are doing in the US.

Here's the cool bit...

Ricci Masero has created a fundraiser to bring some of the Ukulele Kids Club magic to the UK.

You can find Ricci's fundraiser on the Razoo site. Donations are made in US dollars, but Ricci assures me that all funds collected are kept separate and go to kids in the UK. Brilliant!


There are loads of places to find out how the campaign is growing and to get a feel for the how people are getting involved. Here's a link to the website. I see on the Ukulele Kids Club UK Facebook page that Zahra will be undertaking an epic Ukulele Cycle Tour of Great Britain in the Summer to help raise funds. Well done and good luck Zahra!

I don't do Twitter, but you might... You can check out all the latest on Twitter too.


Ha ha. Look what I just found... the Ukulele Kids Club theme song by Model Human. I really don't want this song to get stuck in my head ;-)

Okay, I'm going to have to finish here. Go make a difference! Right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment