Remember to click G+1 if you like a post... It will make me happy :-)

24 December 2015

#ChristmasShootout

For the past couple of weeks I've been embroiled in a bitter war over the internet. Our weapons were banjos and the prize was none other than Spirit of Christmas itself. Have I ever told you how easily-led I am? Co-collaborator Jake Tolbert challenged me to something he called #ChristmasShootout on Google+. I couldn't resist.


"Sunny Japan: Our Greatest Xmas Show for Boys and Girls" 

I'm still not 100% sure of the rules, but here is how I remember Jake describing them to me:
"The idea of #ChristmasShootout is to record a bunch of arrangements of Christmas songs, to see who can knock the most out before Christmas. The rules are just:
1. Videos from this season only--no recycling from Christmas Past.
2. It needs to be a recognizable arrangement. Singing isn't required, but just idly strumming the chords is right out.
3. Quantity over quality, here folks! Let's see if we can't knock out a BUNCH before Christmas!"
Oh dear, I see that I might have bent the rules a little with my entries. Oh well... nobody said this had to be a clean fight. And yes, it looks like I lost. Damn you Tolbert! Bah humbug.

I had a ball taking part. Here are all the songs collected in one place in the order they happened.

Enjoy...

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day - Jake Tolbert

It Came Upon a Midnight Clear - Jake Tolbert

Add We Three Kings - Jake Tolbert

Go Tell It on the Mountain - Jake Tolbert

Jingle Bells - Jake Tolbert Quartet

Fairytale of New York - King Uke

Snow - King Uke

Away in a Manger - Jake Tolbert

O Little Town of Bethlehem - Jake Tolbert

Secret Santa - King Uke


What Child is This - Jake Tolbert

Update 26-Dec-2015: I posted this blog a little early it would appear. There was still time for a few more tunes. First up is a reworking of a collaboration I did about 4 years ago in "The Message of Christmas". And last up is a bonus Kalimba-outtake that I vowed would never be shared whilst I am still alive. Urrrgghhhh.....

The Message of Christmas - King Uke

Winter Wonderland - King Uke

2 comments:

  1. 'Snow' is almost a Christmas classic now.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family KU.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Daz! It's a classic indeed. Ha ha. Great to hear from you!

      Delete